Although the majority of my newborn sessions are taken in my studio at the Eller House in Fishers, Indiana I never say no to coming to your home. Here are some tips for a home newborn photography session that will ensure you get images you will love:
1. A home newborn photography session is preferential if your baby’s health is compromised. Although a newborn’s studio session is never scheduled just before or after another studio session, you will need to take your baby out into the elements bringing him/her to the studio.
2. If you are wanting to photograph your baby with a family pet, a home session may be a better option. Packing a baby and securing your pet can be a little more stress than you want to incorporate into your baby’s first session. Bringing your pet into a strange environment can heighten their anxiety and they may not behave normally and taken longer to settle.
3. One area that I love to photograph in when I visit your home is the nursery. Capturing your baby surrounded by mementos is really sweet. Don’t worry, I will still bring some hats, wraps, and blankets, but I prefer to utilize items around your home.
4. Most images taken from a home session is utilizing natural light. I may ask you if I may move some furniture temporarily to utilize the light available in your home. The natural light creates beautiful artistic images.
5. Relax. Remember we have always scheduled enough photography time. I will never leave until I know I have captured beautiful images of your family.
Click here to see other Newborn Photography Sessions